Make a difference as a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer. The role reports to the Operations General Manager and will be instrumental in implementing capital improvement projects at the site.Reports to: Operations General Manager
The Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer position is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of project management including: planning, external vendor relationships, communication, resource sourcing, budgeting, risk management, and commissioning.
- Serve as the Project Manager on a wide range of small to medium site construction, expansion, or modification projects.
- Review, investigate, and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned projects.
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Prepare estimates and detailed plans for each project.
- Ensure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel to stakeholders on applicable company processes and practices, and existing/proposed local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage financial aspects of project management.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and ShareFile with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership.
- Minimum of three years’ directly supervising employees, contractors, and consultants.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing plant preferred
This position offers competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package including a very generous retirement plan.