Make a Difference as a Senior Piping Designer/Drafter
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for a Senior Piping Designer/Drafter.
The principal accountability of the Sr Designer is preparing technical data used in the layout, review, construction, and operation of five chemical plants. Detailed design documentation is to ensure safety management system requirements are satisfied in accordance with industry standards, codes and ANPI specifications.
Core to the role is document control including, but is not limited to AutoCAD files, construction documents, P&IDs, PFDs, Isometric drawings, vessel and equipment drawings, as‑built drawings, buildings, structures, stormwater, topographical, including historic drawings, for all site systems from groundwater, stormwater, site utilities, processes, effluent.Reports to: Reliability Manager
- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough to detailed sketches or notes, according to specified dimensions by Computer Aided Design (CAD) system for:
- Capital Improvement & Major Expense projects, designs and pre-construction activities
- P&ID and PFD updating and standardization
- Plant updates including equipment information, utilities and electrical infrastructure
- Current building and facilities as-built updates
- Site and Civil updates, i.e., TOPO mapping, utilities updates.
- Maintaining and manage all AutoCAD files accurately and updated, including foreign prints from consulting engineers.
- Manage and administer a formal Document Control System of P&IDs, equipment and design drawings.
- Verify modifications with on-site field verifications as required
- Provide input and support in preparation of design with the engineering staff, internal or external.
- Take design concepts from an informal PFD level understanding to completed P&ID and detail piping design drawings (2D/3D) to an IFC level documentation.
- Create complete construction design packages for RFQ/RFP, and permitting.
- Develop bill of materials and provide material estimates.
- Work with ANPI suppliers, capable of ordering equipment and materials for internal projects.
- Support Safety Management Systems (SMS) Policy and Procedures
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
- Work with Construction Manager to ensure constructible reviews are completed and design represents the actual installation.
- Create and respond to technical queries.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ degree or certificate in CAD preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in CAD preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in industrial piping design preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
This position offers competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and comprehensive benefit package including a very generous retirement plan.