Make a Difference as a Safety Program Manager
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for a Safety Program Manager. We are seeking an individual who is committed to safety, has a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work closely with the leadership team and operations personnel to lead the development and implementation of ANPI’s safety program.
The qualified candidate will utilize their comprehensive knowledge of occupational safety and health to ensure the safety of the ANPI personnel and to achieve compliance with applicable safety standards.Reports to: General Manager
Demonstrated ability to influence, lead and be a role model of safety. Provide site safety leadership, oversight and guidance in connection with ANPI’s Safety Management System (SMS). Lead and guide all emergency response efforts and behavioral based safety program requirements. Identify, develop and write policies and procedures that address safety and health issues and needs. Train employees and contractors on safety processes and procedures.
- Develop, administer and support the ANPI Safety Management System (SMS).
- Lead and manage the OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Participate and manage EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) requirements.
- Develop, administer and manage the Industrial Hygiene program
- Community Liaison – LEPC, law enforcement, fire & emergency response, hospitals, county HAZMAT and schools.
- Proactive role in managing systems, policies and programs that support ANPI’s Commitment to Safety.
- Inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Administer workers’ compensation program, including interacting with workers’ compensation insurers, monitoring claims, developing and administering loss prevention and rehabilitation management/monitoring programs, maintain files.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Environmental, Health and Safety or Industrial Hygiene
- Eight years of experience in chemical manufacturing or safety
- Robust leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate personnel.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make critical decisions when necessary.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and achieve goals in a timely manner.
- OSHA 500 and 501 Certificate preferred
- Good working knowledge of OSHA regulations/requirements
- Ability to develop and effectively delivery safety training.
- EMT certification preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint