Make a difference as a Mechanical Engineer
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer. The role reports to the Reliability Manager and will be instrumental in design, Mechanical Integrity, consultation, troubleshooting, analysis, and developing testing specifications and methods within the production facility while maintaining the high quality standards set forth by ANPI.Reports to: Reliability Manager
- Confirms system capabilities, evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by conducting root cause and analysis; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Lead the mechanical integrity segment of ANPI’s Process Safety Management (PSM) Program.
- Be accountable for the development and execution of the Mechanical Rotating Equipment Program.
- Fault finding during production.
- Advise on planned and predictive maintenance.
- Assessing need of spare parts. Communicates capital needs accordingly.
- Assures system quality by testing methods; testing system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Report and make recommendations regularly to Senior Management the status of the Mechanical Integrity, Reliability, and Rotating Equipment Programs.
- Comply with government regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services during shut downs and large repair projects; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Maintains system data base.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required, especially for PSM in the area of Mechanical Integrity.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required.
- Contribute to and support ANPI’s Continuous Improvement Process and practices operated by the Company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MS Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years working in an Industrial setting required.
- Rotating Equipment Management preferred.
- Chemical Plant experience preferred.
- Experience with a Mechanical Integrity Program preferred.
- Formal Training for Root Cause Analysis, KT RCA preferred.