Chemist and Quality Assurance Analyst
Make a difference as a Chemist and Quality Assurance Analyst
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for a Chemist and Quality Assurance Analyst. The role reports to the Compliance Manager and will be instrumental in verifying the excellent quality of our products before shipping out to customers.
Reports to: Technical and Compliance Manager
The Chemist & Quality Assurance Analyst position is responsible for utilizing state of the art processes and data collection to determine, analyze, and document the quality of all products manufactured or utilized. The Analyst conducts quality assurance tests of all manufactured product, and monitors the safe handling and use of all site chemicals.
- Management of the sampling and analysis program for the Company.
- Develop and regularly update the analysis procedures and protocols for raw materials, in-process materials, manufactured and shipped products, and waste streams.
- Work with Operations leadership to ensure operations personnel are trained on laboratory analysis procedures.
- Perform and document any corrective action required to improve quality.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, and writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Update, revise, and maintain the onsite Laboratory’s Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality control documents.
- Ensure the quality assurance of all manufactured product.
- Sample and analyze all manufactured and shipped product.
- Regularly report analysis and key performance indicator results in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all chemicals on site are handled and used in a safe manner.
- Maintain and update the SDS file of all chemicals and consumables used on site in compliance with OSHA regulation.
- Develop, update, and maintain SDS and PDS of all company manufactured products.
- Perform routine Laboratory duties
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance of lab equipment (including maintaining the accuracy and reliability of all lab equipment and performing regular calibrations) within the primary lab and at remote Plant locations.
- Monitor laboratory consumables and maintain proper stock levels to ensure there are no inventory run-outs.
- Maintain weekly analytical schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or closely related field preferred; or
- Associates Degree in Chemistry in additional to relevant work experience; or
- Directly related experience commensurate with formal education.
- 5+ years of laboratory experience.
- Laboratory Practice certification preferred.