Make a Difference as an Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
Apache Nitrogen Products Inc. (ANPI) is a small privately held company and a leading manufacturer of ammonium nitrate-based products essential for the mining and agricultural industries. ANPI is well-known as a responsible supplier of dependable, top-quality products and a provider of innovative business solutions.
ANPI’s operations are located near St. David, Arizona, where the company was established in 1920. Since its earliest days, ANPI (originally known as Apache Powder Company) has played a vital role in the community and economy of Cochise County and the southeastern Arizona region.
Today, ANPI is driven by the same values and principles of our founders…Safety, Excellence, Stewardship, Respect and Integrity. ANPI offers competitive salaries/wages and benefits package in addition to being a great place to work!
ANPI has an immediate opening for an Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Technician. The role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be instrumental in maintaining the safe and reliable running of the plants.
Must communicate and work well individually and as part of multiple teams, such as management, professional and administrative staff, customers, transportation carriers, contractors, guests, visitors and any other company stakeholders.Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Perform all duties consistent with ANPI’s safe work practices including ‘Lock-out’, ‘Tag-out’ ‘Try out’ (LOTOTO), use of proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and various hand tools, etc.
- Safely operate, utilize, and interpret assorted models of electronic and pneumatic test and calibration equipment
- Ability to repair, overhaul, and troubleshoot abnormal operation of motor starters, electrical switch gear and control systems by using electrical schematics and wiring diagrams, recorded process measurement data, Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) and field measurements
- Perform troubleshooting, basic repair and overhaul of instruments and control systems, with a strong understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers/Distributed Control System (PLC/DCS)
- Ability to run conduit for new or maintenance projects.
- Ability to field-tune both analog and digital process controls with the following characteristics:
- Proportional only controller
- Two and three mode (PI&PID) controller
- Split range control (two or more final control devices)
- Control loops with and without positioners on the final control device
- Any other duties as assigned
- Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds frequently. Weight over 50 pounds is to be lifted with assistance only.
- Ability to climb and descend multi-level catwalks, stairs and ladders, move in and about piping and structural supports and using fine motor skills constantly.
- Eyesight must be a minimum of 20/40 vision, corrected with spectacle lenses. Contact lenses may never be worn on plant.
- Must have good hearing to be able to hear signals, horns, phones, or various operating sounds of the Plant.
- The ongoing ability to participate with all duties assigned within their respective response teams, i.e. entry level suits, decontamination, rescue, confined space entry, Fire Brigade extinguisher use, etc.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate and document the following, but not limited to:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Four or more years of experience in a similar business required.
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Read and understand schematics.
- Must pass a "hands-on" test covering advanced electrical and general instrumentation duties similar to those discussed herein.
- Valid Journeyman certification and demonstrated instrumentation knowledge; or,
- Experience/training deemed equal to Journeyman certification
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V